Re: dec/Q ccc compiler

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Juha Jäykkä wrote:
> >
> >>  I have, though, tested compaq's fortran compiler - and it does not
> >>seem to work at all.
> >>
> >Check comp.lang.fortran for details, but I understand that it does work
> >well, provided you've installed properly which is non-trivial.
> >
> What was the subject for the relevant thread?  I've searched
> comp.lang.fortran (4300 messages) for compaq, dec, digital, alpha, fort
> and cfal, found nothing...

<face red>
My mistake here -- I was thinking of the Intel compiler that was released
free for non-commercial use, available for Linux.

The thread was "Intel's free fortran compiler" (or close) and my confusion
came from the fact that Steve Lionel, leader<?> of Compaq's Fortran
compiler team transferred to Intel and also posted to the thread.  Sorry
-- I forgot that Linux and Compaq Fortran might have had anything to do
with that other "architecture."

Hope it didn't cost you much time.

--
I liked HP before computers, and at one time I liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.