Re: GA622T on pc164 with debian unstable

On Thursday 20 September 2001 16:52, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> > kernel 2.4.9-ac7:
> > boot not possible, detects 100Mhz pci-clock and aborts because its out of
> > range while trying to init sym53c8xx driver. When using ncr53c8xx ->
> > driver loads, timeout while finding HD.
> > I tried with all kinds of options and combinations for the scsi drivers,
> > no luck.
>
> That's odd.  Have you tried any other 2.4 kernels?

Yep. I tried every stable linus kernel from 2.4.3 to 2.4.9 and 2.4.9-ac7 to
2.4.9-ac10
I also tried with a ncr53c825 controller, just to be sure. With that, I
managed to boot twice to the login prompt (and it locked about ten times
while booting), but as soon as disk activity rose, a hard freeze occured ->
no solution. BTW: It seems that I am not the only one...

> Can you send me the output of 'lspci -vxxx' with the netgear
> inserted?  Also, most of Becker's drivers have debugging code, so you may
> want to enable that to see what's going on.

OK, i'll try this evening,
Thx for the response...

Andres