Re: problem after X crash

> JJ>   I had my X crash the other day and afterwards, the virtual consoles
> JJ> seem to be stuck in graphics mode: the screen is blank except for the
> are you sure if you make a ps aux that al X and it childs are really
> dead, it could be some zombie.
> if i understand well your message you can go to tty1 and reboot, so
> you could also look the ps and kill all X subprocesses

  I have to check for zombies but X works fine - it is the TEXT MODE
consoles that seem to somehow have gotten into graphics mode.
  Killing processes is no problem at all since sshd works fine as
well. Thanks for the thought anyway.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|