Re: mozilla 0.7

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 09:11:48AM -0600, Christopher C . Chimelis wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 07:03:15AM -0600, Michael Stroucken wrote:
> >
> > 	Has anyone got a recent mozilla to compile on Alpha? I can't seem
> > to get past the regxcom step (It segfaults in
> > nsDirectoryService::QueryInterface, apparently due to an invalid address
> > for *aInstancePtr).
>
> It will compile, but don't expect it to work (unfortunately).  Gcc is
> broken wrt C++ multiple inheritence code.  It's a known problem, but
> not easy to fix at all (hence the delay in having a fix).

Just as another data point, I did get Mozilla 0.7 to build and run (a
bit shakily) compiling under RH 7.0 with their stock GCC 2.96 (please,
no flames... :-).

However, Galeon did not build, or rather, did not link, because of
some unresolved references, though I think that was a matter of a
version skew (it wasn't initially clear to me if the Galeon version
was supposed to work with the Mozilla version)...

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com