Re: php4 on alpha

Ron Farrer wrote:
> > Has anyone got php4 working with Potato on the alpha archiecture?
> > For some reason, apache core dumps on my setup when the php4 module
> > is loaded.   However, php3 works perfectly.   Any suggestions would
> > be welcome?   (I've tried the original potato php4, and the recently
> > security-updated php4)
> > My setup:
> >   Alpha XLT300 (xlt/alcor architecture)
> >   Vanilla potato with security updates and final kernel 2.2.17
> >   (apache 1.3.9-13.1, php 4.0.3pl1-0potato1)
> Can you send me your srm.conf and a php4 example file?

The problem occurs immediately when Apache starts up, before any php files
are acually loaded.   It is totally repeatable - core dumps at the same
place every time.  A brief bit of detective work with gdb shows the
following:

> gdb -c core /usr/sbin/apache
(gdb) where
#0  0x20001b59620 in ps_gc_files () from /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
#1  0x20001b59720 in php_gshutdown_ps_mm () from /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

I've had a look at the php source code, but the problem eludes me.
The error appears to be occuring in one of the files in:
  php4-4.0.3pl1/ext/session/
This appears related to the mm (shared memory) module?

Any suggestions welcome?

Chris

= Chris Walton - LFCS - mailto:cdw@dcs.ed.ac.uk http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~cdw =