Re: "No init found" during boot/install

Ron Farrer schrieb:

> I see... FWIW I also run ARC + milo on one of my Alphas (SRM doesn't
> like the video). Unless you are feeling daring, I'd say "if it ain't
> broke, don't fix it."

Uh, video. Could be another reason for me not to switch to
SRM. I still have a bootable NT installation on this machine,
which can't hold both firmwares in ROM together.

> I never tried booting directly from a CD in milo, SRM yes, but not milo.
> Has anyone tried that recently?

I thought "just give it a try" to avoid the need for boot
floppies, but I must admit that I too never tried before to
boot a CD directly from milo.

> Did you get potato installed ok?

"installed ok" in the sense "potato is now installed on and
bootable from HD": yes. And that's pretty much all I expected
when installing a distribution I'm new to. I will reinstall
potato at least a second time to get more familiar to Debian's
installaion procedure.

Stefan Schroepfer