xmgrace crash

Hello,
I've been running woody on an LX for some time now and have recently
had occasion to use xmgrace.  Whenever I tried to do a nonlinear curve
fit to fit a gaussian to a data set the program died with the following
error
message:

Oops! Got SIGSYS
Trying to save your work into file "Untitled$$"... ok!

Please use "Help/Comments" to report the bug.

I tried to report the bug to the xmgrace team, but their site said that
I was
using an old version of the program and to upgrade before reporting a
bug.
I checked to make sure there was not a newer version in woody, but I
could not find one.  Should I try to persue this error with the xmgrace
people,
or is this more likely an error with the alpha port?

Luke Shulenburger
(sluke@mit.edu)