UP1100 install tweaks

Hi,

according to my experience (and that of Robert Funnell, who posted a
question on 28 Aug 2000), Debian (potato) is not trivial to install on
a UP1100. The "nautilus" kernel that debian wants to install does not
work (lots of problems, starting with a failed connection to the
keyboard). Therefore, after booting the tftpboot.img (the generic
one!), I created a "nautilus" directory on an NFS server and put the
generic "images-1.44" directory in there. This tricked Debian to take
the generic kernel and drivers, and this worked.

Hope you sort this out soon.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: 1. andras@users.sourceforge.net