compiling

Hi,

I try to compile a program, but neither the gcc nor the ccc run through.

gcc stops with the following message:

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make: *** [command.o] Error 1

Is this a problem of the source code, or the compiler itself?

I tried as well the ccc, but here it spits out the info that the libcpml
is truncated. Having a look at the file, I had to realize that it is 0
bytes in size. The ccc and its libs were installed from the Linux Alpha
Power Tools CD (July 2000) and debianised with alien. The paths were
changed, some links changed to adapt it to debian. At first I thought,
that the CD archives might be defective, so I downloaded the libcpml
again from the website, but again the file contains nothing. What is
going on here? Did something go wrong with the debianisation?

These are the versions:

gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)
ccc-6.2.9.504-2
cpml-5.1.0

Regards,

Kerstin