Re: "device dka0 is invalid" error

Ron Farrer wrote:
> Michael Lake (mikel@triode.net.au) wrote:
> > Diamond Fireport 40 (NCR875) Ultrawide SCSI card.
> > I hadn't thought of that. I have info on the Alpha as to whether
> > Alpha/Linux supports what cards but where do I find out if SRM supports
> > that card?
> > I've had a quick look on the alphalinux.org site but couldn't find a
> > list of supported SCSI cards fopr SRM.
>
> Hmm, anything based on an NCR875 should be fine... odd. Is the adapter
> being seen by SRM?
>
> There is nice SRM HCL at <http://talisman.alphalinux.org/ALOHcl/>

Just looked it up.

Diamond Fireport 40
Works in Linux = yes
Works in SRM = No
Reported by petrakis@alphalinux.org>

Whats this mean guys? Does this mean that to boot from the hard disk
again I would have to put AlphaBIOS back on. I blew it away last week
:-)

Mike
PS. Its  certainly more powerfull in terms of commands available and
also I don't have to hide from my friends that I had this little bit of
MS DOS on the disk :-)

Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)