Re: Kernel problems

Robert Martinovic (tzenkethi@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I have already set os_flags to root=/dev/sda1

Ok I didn't see it meantioned so I thought I'd suggest it.

> This is not a problem. I don't have a problem booting
> the generic kernel that get's installed by the boot
> disks. I have a problem booting a kernel i have
> compliled myself

Alright what is the system? Your new kernel, is it compiled specifically
for your system or is it generic?

Also you previously said 'vmlinuz' was your kernel. Is this a symlink on
your root partion, or is it a real file? FYI make-kpkg always puts mine
in '/boot' and makes a symlink to it. Perhaps the symlink is broken or
SRM doesn't like it? I've had problems with symlinks before and usually
just ignore them and point it to the real kernel. i.e.
'/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14' instead of '/vmlinuz'

Ron