Re: benchmark results of page granurality patch

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> Looks like the only thing that's out-of-date in potato and woody is
> util-linux (which provides the mount package).  I'm about to ftp the
> new util-linux source to verify this, but need to add the shared mem stuff
> to my fstab first before booting into the new kernel again (maybe that'll
> fix my ugliness with daemons).  I'm also a bit concerned with some ext2fs
> errors that popped up (not really errors, but it thought that the
> filesystems needed checking, which was not true...makes me suspect that I
> may be in for bitmap corruption that another user noted on the kernel list
> as well).

The new mount didn't help...still showing handled exceptions all over the
place when mounting, but it looks like they're just warnings (probably
still there to debug but will be removed eventually).  The new kernel
looks pretty nice, though.  It still doesn't agree with mysqld so far, but
that looks like a patchable issue with the kernel's sched code and appears
to be related to some of the stuff that I posted the patch for earlier.  I
also saw a patch on the kernel list today that may fix things anyway
(gotta re-review it before saying that for sure).