Re: Internal errors in g++

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Anton Ivanov wrote:

> You are correct. It is only one file with lots of ugly nested ifs. With no
> optimization it worked for me as well.

:-)

> Alpha AXP533. Potato (2.2). Updated yesterday just before the compile. Latest
> stable mysql 3.22.32. Compiled outside of the package system. Just a configure
> with few args and make.
>
> Nope. It is the potato one. Machine is current frozen. Compiler is:
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 20000313 (Debian GNU/Linux)

Yikes.  Ok, I'll have to retry it.  I could've sworn that I didn't do
anything special to compile it.

> I am unsure what to do with this one. If there is a working well polished deb
> with an earlier mysql (but without the passwd bug) I will just file it
> upstream. So that there is working Mysql for the release.

Hmmm...file it.  I doubt we can do anything about it since it's
technically an ICE in gcc that I don't really have time to work on a fix
for.  I'm sure a patch will come down the line eventually for gcc to
correct this.