Re: Compaq Netscape problem on Debian 2.1 Alpha system

paul@wau.mis.ah.nl said:

> What I did was add the following line to my /etc/hosts :
>
> 127.0.0.1       home.netscape.com
>
> That stopped it trying to go outdoors :-)
> I also removed all references to yp from one of those /etc files that
> get installed. After doing that, it worked fine.

Does DNS work for you at all? I can't get it to work and never have been
able to, with any Digital UNIX app.

BTW, I installed it with dpkg, creating the .deb with alien -d -c but you
have to run dpkg from / since Compaq's install scripts unpack a tarball
that has files in it without absolute pathnames.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are