Re: Freeze Strategy (Alpha boot floppies)

Christian Meder <meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> * the mkshlibs.sh script was broken again on Alpha after tad had fixed
> it. We reverted to his patch and it seems to work now.

Uh, but any changes I made after his patch were just to get i386 and
some readability stuff...

> * we generated only one root disk for all alpha architectures, this
> could constitute a problem because of the unix.o and af_packet.o
> modules which are included on the root disk. What are these modules
> needed for on the root disk ?

unix.o is needed for syslog; I'm not sure about af_packet.o.

YOu can make this problem go away if you just build your kernels with
those built in... Will it fit?

> * Flynn built a couple of boot/root disk sets which we'll evaluate
> tomorrow
>
> We hope to be able to produce a first set of boot floppies after the
> 2.2.5 boot floppies release in the next couple of days.

Are you working from CVS?  Will you be committing your changes or
sending patches?