Re: Weird lockups

> suspect Linux itself.

This sounds like enough people to catch the ear of the kernel folks.
Anyone have an idea how to track this down?  Sysreq isn't of much use, and
I cannot reliably reproduce the problem.  I have built X twice now, with
out problems.  Current uptime on PC164: 3 days 20 hrs.

> I get hard, unrecoverable lockups pretty frequently. Just last night it
> locked hard after accessing the ethernet card. Before that, it would lock
> almost every time I played a sound, so I ripped out the soundblaster card.
> I initially suspected the IDE bus, so I went all SCSI. Then I suspected
> the ISA bus, so I went all PCI. Now I think it could be an issue with
> module loading.

Why do you think this?

> Here's my setup:
> PC164, 8X16MB Ram (128 total)

256 bit bus is nice ;)

> Tecram 53C875 controller

That is an NCR controller.  Similar to the one I have.

> Quantum Atlas II 9.1GB UW SCSI
> Toshiba 2X Ext. SCSI-2 CDROM
> 3Com 3C905B <--this is the next to go

I have one of these, why do you suspect this?

> Trident 4DWave PCI soundcard (not configured yet)
> Matrox G200 PCI

You remember to set X up w/ an 'SD' Matrox G200?  PCI cards don't have the
sgram.

> RedHat 6.1

Debian potato here.

> RedHat's 2.2.13, with a few things removed

2.2.13 is current kernel for me.  Have you had lock ups w/ 2.2.13?

 Matthew R. Pavlovich