Re: [potato] Floating point exception

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@debian.org> writes:

> Bad compilation.  Alpha's gs packages should be compiled with -mieee.  If
> you can send me a list of things that are bombing with FPE's, I can take
> care of them.

Imho, all packages should be compiled with -mieee. This will break no
package that works on intel (since intel is ieee) and will only amount
for minor slowdown. This will make an overall stable system to start
off from and whichever package turns out to be too slow, must be
compiled for the specific submodel it will run on, anyway.

kind Regards,
--
Eberhard Burr      PGP key ID: DAF93D11    fingerprint: 1D 0B F9 53 E1 CA 21 1A
                                                        91 55 DB C8 1F 4C 0C B6