Re: problem with slink --> potato

On Sat 20 Nov 1999, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Setting up xonix (1.4-13) ...
> Use of uninitialized value at /usr/sbin/suidregister line 92.
> suidregister: bartw: no such user

This looks like a relic (I hope?) of problems with fakeroot in the
beginning of potato. When a package is built, that's usually done
as a "normal" user and fakeroot is used to fake as is root is doing
it. That means that files appear to be owned by root etc.  That
didn't work while xonix was built, apparently, so xonix at least
needs to be rebuilt.

> Setting up elm-me+ (2.4pl25ME+65-1) ...
> Use of uninitialized value at /usr/sbin/suidregister line 92.
> suidregister: jgoerzen: no such user

ditto for elm-me+

> Setting up synaesthesia (2.0-1) ...
> suidregister: /usr/bin/synaesthesia not found
> dpkg: error processing synaesthesia (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

This looks like a completely bogus package.

Unfortunately my alpha is not yet working again (I'm getting a new
cpu module real soon, so there's hope) so I can't do anything myself.
Bart maybe?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/