Re: unaligned traps

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 11:01:51PM -0800, Adam Klein wrote:
> I'm running potato on an AlphaStation 500.  When I run pretty much anything
> that uses libstdc++, I get:

[snip]

> Is this normal? Is there a fix?  And if it is normal, what should I put in
> my syslog.conf to keep this from being echoed to the console?

  Hi Adam,

  This is not normal. The problem is some unalignment in the c++ libraries.
  AFAIK Chris is looking into this. The way to avoid it, is to change the
  kernel sources to stop echoing it (but maybe there are better ways to do
  it). The unalignments are no problem. Only they should be fixed...

  HTH,

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------