Re: TGA card and X woes

e.denny@ic.ac.uk said:

> After I rebooted, the console mode came back OK, but I immediately noted
> something different: on boot up of the kernel ( 2.2.10 on potato ) no
> picture of Tux appeared in the top left hand corner.

Are you saying that the framebuffer didn't even detect the card? If so, did
the console work at all?

> What does this actually mean? That my card has not been detected or
> that I need to play around with my ModeLines some more?

Send me the output of 'lspci -v'. (Install the pciutils package if you
don't have lspci.)

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are