debian install on ds-10

I have an Alpha DS-10 that I am trying to install Debian on. Since the
docs don't mention this system as being supported, I'm a bit in the dark
regarding the installation process. Using the generic images, and booting
from the SRM console, the kernel loads into memory and begins to run. When
it tries to probe the SCSI controller, there is an "scsiL aborting command
due to timeout ..." message that keeps repeating. No further progress from
there.

It seems that booting from the SRM console doesn't initialize the SCSI
controller. If I go into the AlphaBIOS, the controller is initialized.
Anyone have an idea of how to get the SCSI initailzed from SRM, or what
images to use with AlphaBIOS? Thanks in advance.

Ernest Johanson
Web Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary