Re: kernel sources for alpha? (Re: Not detecting SCSI drive)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Looks like perhaps I should turn off Symbios NVRAM detection and
> try again?

It's possible.  That is an extremely odd problem and one I've never seen
(have a Tekram 390F with two Barracudas and a CD-ROM).  Turning off the
NVRAM detection *might* work, but YMMV.  Have you booted the card on a
i386 and do anything strange during the setup?  With mine, the defaults
were fine, but again YMMV.

> README.ncr53c8xx says to pass the argument `ncr53c8xx=nvram:n' at
> the LILO prompt.  Does MILO work the same way?

Yes, you should be able to add the options to the boot line in MILO.

Keep me (and the list) posted on this.  It's the first time I've ever seen
this kind of problem with an 875-based board.