Re: Star Office

Christopher C Chimelis (chris@classnet.med.miami.edu) wrote:

> The thing is, Star Office was already ported to a few other archs (not
> 64-bit, mind you, but it was ported), so it has a shot at being decent.
> If Sun treats this like they treated the JDK, we've ALL got problems, but

JDK, that's what I'm afraid will happen...

BTW, what happened with JDK on AlphaLinux, there was a guy on the Rat Hat axp-list that was doing it. I was off that list
for a few months (got tired of the whinners) and I noticed he doesn't post weekly (or so) updates about it anymore.

> if they're kind enough to supply the full source, we could probably do the
> port ourselves and see how receptive they are about the patches.  If they
> say "no", at least we tried and can probably distribute the patches
> outside of their acknowledgement.

True, unless their BS license doesn't allow this... Of course, those sort of things never stopped me before. ;-)

Ron