Re: XFree86...

Ron Farrer <rbf@magnesium.net> writes:

> Does anyone have a 20" monitor, Matrox Milennium (original), working at
> 24bpp or better? I am having a heck of a time getting a config that has a
> resolution that I like at anything over 8bpp... Everything below (and
> including) 800 x 600 works at 24bpp, but anything higher (1024 x 786 is
> what I want) will only run in 8bpp mode. FYI, I am using xf86config.

how much video-RAM does your card have and is it correctly detected?
Check the output of the server and if your memory isn't detected
properly, then set it via the vidmem= directive in /etc/XF86Config

HTH,
--
Eberhard Burr    check http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Eberhard.Burr/publickey.asc
                 for PGP Key -- #include <stddisc.h> -- electric cookie follows