Re: Compaq C

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 pjjarosz@cse.Buffalo.EDU wrote:

> in case you havn't heard yet, Compaq released the C compiler for Beta...
>
> http://www.unix.digital.com/linux/compaq_c/index.html

It won't run on potato as of yet, fyi.  After I get the final 2.1.2 glibc
package compiled, I'll retest it and make the debs for Compaq to
distribute if it works.  I'm not sure if it will work for slink at this
point.  If someone has some time and a slink machine, I can probably walk
them through some of the installation problems that the RPMs might
generate.  I would love to know if it'll work on slink, though.

If the new glibc 2.1.2 doesn't do it, fyi, I'll probably spend some time
writing a wrapper for it to fix the problem (missing symbol...can be fixed
with a weak alias), but don't have the time currently, so it may take
awhile.