Re: How far are we on glibc2?

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 02:33:58PM -0500, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
>
> >   I was wondering how we are getting along on glibc2.1? Does anyone know,
> >   Chris???
> >
> >   Just curious...
>
> Real Close Now (TM).  I'm compiling it right now.  I had it all compiled
> yesterday, but it bombed on the make check (with NaN and denormal problems
> with the libm checks....which I expected but it would finish without it
> the way it was packaged).  I'm recompiling a new version from Joel right
> now which should be ok despite the failures.
>
> After that, I just have to compile a few libs (ncurses, slang,
> readline/bash, etc....which shouldn't take more than a day or so) and I'll
> upload the whole lot together.
>
> I'm also working on a binutils release within the week to accompany glibc
> 2.1.  I doubt I'll be able to upload that with the rest (takes too long to
> compile...would rather get everything else uploaded first).  Right now, I
> think the binutils release is done, so it won't be long before that is in
> the archive as well.

  Thanks! Some have to labour and some have to wait... :)

  When this hits the archive we have some major catching-up to to. The last
  time I uploaded for Potato I was quite shocked with the amount of packages
  that needed to be done or were just plain out-of-date.
  Also packages in slink were uploaded to frozen only so it seems.

  So by the time libc2.1 hits the archive the compile festivities can begin :)

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------