Re: Writing CD on alpha

Hi,

> As of 2.2.0p7 (I think) the SHMMAX value can be set dynamically by echoing a
> new value to /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax. Nice and easy.

ouch... that's correct... That's the best method I've seen ;-)))

I think I should look at the kernel sources >2.0.0 ;-))

thanks for this hint!

But another question: is it only me or are there 'unaligned traps' in
cdrecord?? Is there someone working on removing them?? or are they removed
in the new version??

oh... the new version of cdrecord (which is currently only available on the
cdrecord homepage) will be done on next weekend... (cdrecord maintainer told
me that)

cu
 gerhard