Re: a few questions

On Wed 03 Mar 1999, Jeff Katcher wrote:

> > Do you still get this? The latest xfree packages were installed last
> > night. Note also that the xbase package is now a dummy package meant to
> > ensure that you install all the stuff that used to be part of xbase...
> > Once you've installed those, you can safely remove xbase by hand.
> >
> Yeah, but last I checked a LOT of the X packages depend on xbase (or has
> that been fixed?).  Makes removing it Kinda Hard(tm)

The fact that package ABC depends on package XYZ does *not* prevent ABC
from being removed. It just means that installing ABC means you also
must install XYZ (which is the point of the current dummy xbase
package).

Only if some other package IJK depends on ABC, will it be difficult to
remove ABC...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org