Jensen installation report, aboot

Hello,

after not using my Jensen for quite some time, I decided to try debian. I
used both a ftp install from ftp.de.debian.org (unstable) and a local mirror
(by nfs) from the same server:

 - boot aboot/kernel from CD, root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 (if you don't
   have a aboot-bootable CD, use the jensen stuff from azstarnet.com)
 - use root1440.img (from slink) - what is the purpose of the rescue disk
   from jensen/resc1440.bin? It can't be booted anyway on that machine.
 - install base system (have to use fdisk in BSD disklabel mode on console
   2, instead of cfdisk, and reboot after partitioning).
 - boot kernel from CD, with root=/dev/sda3 and proceed installation

Compared to my last RedHat installation, things went quite smooth - no big
Jensen-specific trouble (except that the automatic gpm configuration crashed
the whole machine by accessing ttyS1 - seems to be a kernel problem).

Now I am running into some dependency problems when using apt-get / dselect
- that bad thing is that apt reports dependency problems when doing a
'upgrade' from the dselect menu, and will not even start downloading
packages, so I used the local mirror via NFS/dselect. However, I still get
dependency problems in the form of 'depends on xlib6g',
xlib6g_3.3.2.3a-8, which is not yet available for alpha?

I guess this is normal for 'unstable', however: where do I report these?

Another thing: I merged the debian aboot diff with my internal aboot version
(now at 0.53), and will update the stuff on azstarnet soon.

cu
Michael
--
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.