Re: Did you know that nfs mount requires accurate time?

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Oscar Levi wrote:

> This brings a couple of suggestions to mind.  First, Loic, is there
> room on the install disks for hwclock about 32K I think.  I'm gonna
> suggest to the d-boot list that we add an optional 'set time' step to
> the install procedure for the sake of enabling nfs installs.  Also, it
> would be keen if this time-set could be committed to CMOS RAM.  (Is
> that what the UDBs have?)

It seems to me it would be much more sensible to either
  a) implement http/ftp and ignore this problem with nfs
  b) sync the local clock to the server clock using trivial time protocol
     this is the smallest and most reliable option [netdate is 9k]

Jason