Re: PLEASE READ: egcs issues

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 02:10:11PM +1300, Martin Lucina wrote:

> We also need to ensure that third party binaries can be supported. This
> includes applications like StarOffice and things like Metrolink Motif (an
> Alpha-Platform CD of which I recently installed on my slink box as part of
> a LJ review). Binary compatibility is of the UTMOST importance guys...

As I understand it, this bug does not effect our ability to run binaries
compiled elsewhere.  Once the compiler is fixed, it also does not effect
orhers' ability to run binaries compiled here.  What's so special about
the Alpha port that we suddenly are so concerned about RedHat users being
able to run our debs?