Re: Patch for smail

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 08:37:17AM +0100, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I patched smail for alignments errors and send the patch to the maintainer.
> Since I got no response this month I think he is not going to incorporate it
> for us. Do you think I should do a binary-only NMU and send the patch to BTS
> or wait until the maintainer picks up on this (eventually sending a bug when
> he still doesn't respond)??

I sent patches to the maintainer about alignment errors, too, and
never received replies and don't believe they were incorporated since
my bugs weren't closed.

An NMU may be tricky since we're talking about an architecture
specific patch.  I've asked this question before without receiving an
adequate answer.