Re: How do i format a DOS partition

Hi:

Here's the long answer.  First, BTW, the partition doesn't need to be
the first one, and it can be an extended partion also.  This is good,
because I used Disk Druid, and it appears to randomly place partitions
on the disk.

First, you need mtools.  Edit the config file (typically
/etc/mtools.conf, but there are variations), and add an entry for the
partition in question.

e.g.

drive k: file="/dev/dsa9" exclusive

Now, format it:

mformat -t 80 -h 2 -s 18 k:

copy milo and linload onto the partition

mcopy linload.exe k:/
mcopy milo k:/

Now, point your boot menu at this.  I've got AlphaBios, so mine looks
like this:

RedHat 5.2
Disk 0, Partition 9	\linload.exe
Disk 0, Partition 8	\milo