XFree: Mach64 problems - patches ?

Recently I installed a (more or less new) Mach64 server on a friends machine.

Now I get system lockups now and then. (Especially with pd, which uses a
client - server
model and sockets to communicate between GUI and application. It doesn´t happen
if I
use a remote Display)

As far as I can tell, these lockups are related to operations on sockets -
My question:
Are there any alpha related patches applied to XFree ?

If not, I think some of the patches from ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/pub/XFree86/
should help with this problem (Especially the sockets patch ?)

Guenter