Re: AlphaPC 164LX questions; firmware, RedHat -> Debian, etc

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> Actually, if I read Brian right, we will be releasing an alpha slink -
> the alpha freeze hasn't happened yet though, so I'm not entirely
> convinced.

I'm getting really worried about this since potato debs are creeping into
sid/*/binary-alpha.  Several requests have been made to freeze Alpha and
(I believe) Sparc, and some "ok...no problem" type messages have been
returned, but so far, I haven't seen any progress on this.

Tell you what, I'm in the midst of hammering on a few previous "problem"
packages.  If alpha isn't frozen by the weekend, please file a bug report
(important or something that'll get attention) against ftp.debian.org.

Thanks!