Re: Problems with dpkg

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 07:49:15PM +0100, Michael Holzt wrote:
> As far as i remember i've read something about this on the list, but
> i'm unsure what to do now.
>
> dpkg stops with "Error setting ownership of ... Function not implemented".
> What is the solution for this?
>
> The one related posting i've found stated something about install
> Kernel 2.0.35, but i've already 2.0.35 on my machine.

If you updated to the last version of dpkg you have to update libc
as well. This for support of lchown(). You will get some trouble installing
libc6 since support of lchown prevents you from upgrading libc6 . I guess you
can 'ar' the previous version of dpkg and use dpkg from that package....

  (see also mail-archive of oct for additional hints).

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------