Re: Porting to Alpha

On Thu 29 Oct 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
>
> >   I want to help port Debian to Alpha. How are packages adopted here and which
> >   packages need to be done??
>
> Alot of packages need to be done.  Luckily, Paul started a mailing list
> that mails out the differences in packages between -i386 and -alpha :-)
> I'd ask him to be added to this first.  If you really want a challenge,

You can add yourself, it's a majordomo list. Here's my announce from
when I started it:

:  Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:23:47 +0200
:  Subject: daily "paul's diff" output available via mailing list
:
:  Some of you may remember the diffs I posted a couple of times; these
:  diffs show which packages are either not yet available for Alpha or are
:  out of date (i.e. a (newer) version exists in the i386 dist).
:
:  I've automated the generation of this diff, and made it available to
:  anyone who's interested. Send mail to majordomo@murphy.nl and put in the
:  body a line such as:
:
:  subscribe debian-alpha-diff
:
:  You can add an email address at the end if you want to subscribe a
:  different address than your default "From: ".  In all cases you'll have
:  to confirm the subscription.
:
:
:  Alternatively, if you don't want a daily message, you can get the last
:  couple of messages from ftp://ftp.murphy.nl/pub/debian/alpha/ . The most
:  recent one is available as the file "diff" (a symlink to the most recent
:  diff, which have names as "diff-YYMMDD"; eventually about 2 weeks worth
:  will be kept).

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org