Re: MILO status

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> Nikita Schmidt <cetus@snowball.ucd.ie> wrote:
> >
> > The released MILO sources do not support 24-plain TGA cards, and neither
> > does my `avanti.free' image from genie.ucd.ie.  Look into the Avanti
> > directory on genie for a newer MILO image which supposedly has the new
> > TGA support.
> > The TGA related changes are in milo-tga.diff, if you are interested.
>
> I did indeed try those. Not "not enough memory" error, just only got me
> (about) as far as I was: cursor's still goofy (8 characters wide) and with
> said patch, when text reaches the bottom of the screen, the left half only
> will scroll, and the right will not.

Obviously I missed something while porting 24-plane TGA code from the kernel
into MILO...  Unfortunately, I haven't got any TGA equipment to test all that.
Since milo-avanti-980606 works OK, I think the most reasonable thing to do is
to take the TGA code from it, that is, wait until my patches get merged with
the unreleased patches from Jay Estabrook that went into milo-avanti-980606
(hopefully with enough care to avoid that "not enough memory" error).

Derrick, thanks very much for your report.  I'll send it to Jay, because I'm
on vacations now and cannot handle it properly until I come back...

	Nikita