debian alpha hamm status

Andreas Jellinghaus writes:
 > as i'm wroking with the cd stuff, please tell me :
 > a) we will release debian alpha together with the other architectures
 > b) we will not release debian alpha hamm at all
 > c) we will maybe release debian alpha hamm later
 > d) we don't know yet.

I do not think any decision has been made (perhaps because I do not
think there is formally anybody entitled to take such a decision).

IMHO, the choice would be c), but it is debatable.

The current Alpha hamm distribution is of high quality and could
be released, but the installation still need some improvement and
testing. And there is still a lack of documentation for the
installation process. That would be show-stoppers.

It was interesting to reread an old message of Christopher:
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-alpha-9710/msg00127.html
Although a big progress has been made since, some challenges remains.

Regards,

Loic