Re: booting/installing debian-alpha from CD-ROM

Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr writes:

> What is needed now is TWO THINGS:
>
> 1. For each SUBARCHITECTURE (alcor, miata, lx, noname, ...) that we want to
>    support we need to CHOOSE files
>
> 	milo
> 	vmlinux.gz
>
>    to put on the CD.  From these we also need to assemble a
>
> 	resc1440.bin

I wonder if it is possible to do a resc1440.bin disk, as in the x86
case, with the kernel+root file. It looks like the size of the kernel,
and the root system are bigger so they won't fit both on one disk. And
of course you need to put milo somewhere.

It looks like we need to use a boot disk and root disk scheme?

> 2. Someone needs to fixup Loic's great root+base set on
>

>    so that it works fully (I'll look at it a bit over the weekend but
>    others should, too: I just have a miata...).

I hope to give also a look this W.E., I had no access to an Alpha
console for the last month...

Loic