UDB and Hamm? How stable is Hamm?

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a DEC UDB. I am getting it in 14 days or so. I
love Debian on my intel-machines, and would love to run Debian on that one
to.

How stable is Hamm for Alpha? I know it is still in frozen, and I heard
some comments it not being ready enough. I am not a programmer, so I want
to be able to run most of the programs without doing "crazy stuff".

Should I begin with Red Hat for Alpha, or is the frozen stable enough and
go with that? Or is Debian 2 going to be released for Alpha in the nezt 2
- 3 weeks?

Please advise,

Frank Louwers - Belgium