Re: Should libdb1-dev be removed?

Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Richard Braakman wrote:
>
> > Can it be removed?  If so, can someone file a bug against ftp.debian.org
> > to that effect?
>
> I recommend filing a bug against ftp.debian.org about it.  I'll sanction
> it if need be, because I do know it's an irrelevant package now.

Okay.  While I was doing that I found that a source package "libdb"
still exists, which generates packages "libdb1" and "libdb1-dev",
of which libdb1 is still in the archive for all architectures.

I'm now asking Mark again whether the entire package should be removed,
or just the -dev.

> In fact, I think I can scrape up a list of things that don't need to be
> there.  If you can, file this package and I'll work on submitting a list
> of things later (kinda got my hands full now and a few things on my feet
> too :P).

Okay, I will :)

P.S. You might be interested in
  http://master.debian.org/~dark/lintian/reports/depcheck.html#alpha