Re: Adaptec BIOS from MILO

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Tim Buller wrote:

> We have a PC164LX with MILO in flash, and we need to access the BIOS on a
> Adaptec 2940UW SCSI host adapter. With ARC, the BIOS on the 2940 is
> intialized at a hard boot and one can press CTRL-A to get to the 2940
> BIOS, but I don't see that 2940 BIOS init info with MILO.

I know this is not exactly the information you werte looking for, but it
may be helpful...  This is an answer to a similar question on
comp.os.linux.alpha a few months ago:

! : Hi - can anyone tell me (short of dropping it into a PC) how to access
! : the functionality of the SCSI BIOS on an AHA-2940AU?
!
! If your AlphaBIOS is old enough not to support this option directly
! (it displays "Hit control-C to start setup utility", or something like
! that, before showing a splash screen) there is a program "acu.exe",
! i.e. Adaptec Control Utility, which can be run from AlphaBIOS and ARC
! from a menu entry for running external programs.  :-)
!
! It can be found somewhere on DEC sites.  I do not have reference
! handy right now but Altavista should find it in no time at all.