Re: xdm login!!

> I have a reather urgent need for a feature in Debian alpha, that
> currently doesn't work. It is the xdm login that is causing me
> a lot of grief. I am sure it will be fixed in the next version
> of the Debian xfree packages, but I'm in too much of a hurry to
> get it fixed. I hope someone can help me to get a temporary
> solution at least.

Hmm, it would appear that the i386 version of xdm statically links
libXdmGreet.so, whereas the alpha version (and presumably others) does
not. I'll look at it and possibly do a non-maintaner upload of X for the
alpha with a libXdmGreet.so. Meanwhile, you can find it on
ftp.netg.se:/pub/Linux/alpha/libxdmgreet.tar.gz - untar it in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm and things will hopefully work. (it's for 3.3.2,
but it will probably work with 3.3.1 as well. 3.3.2 is available there as
well, should you need it.)

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40