Buying an Alpha

hi,
   If this isn't appropriate for the list please let me know.

   I'm planning on upgrading my home pc in the near future (p75 32Mb)
but I'm not too keen on getting another Intel or clone.

   I'd like to get an Alpha based machine but what I know about them you
could write on a grain of sand.  So any info would be appreciated.

btw I saw a mention on slashdot.org by someone of Alpha mainboards that
have a AT m/b form factor, anyone know of these?

thanks,

--
Daniel Quinlan                     daniel@netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia                  0417 677 377