Re: ROCm CI for OpenCL packages?

Hi Gard,

glad that your interested in our CI!

On 2024-02-10 21:25, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> On 2024-02-10 06:16, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> I'd be thrilled to run tests for OpenCL packages on AMD GPU hardware.
> The ROCm CI system is up and running and providing useful feedback for
> GPU-enabled packages, but it's still very rough around the edges. It
> would benefit greatly from skilled developers using it and contributing
> improvements when they find shortcomings.
>
> Christian Kastner is the expert on the CI system for ROCm packages, but
> I believe you need to:
>
> 1. Add a wrapper script that skips the test if not running on a node
> with a GPU available. You could consult the rocsparse test script for an
> example [1].

Yep, that's correct. You'd need to add a new autopkgtest to src:clblast
that checks if a GPU is available, and exits with code 77 if not. Feel
free to use [1] that Cory linked.

This will lead to the GPU-needing tests being skipped on the official
ci.debian.net (where no GPUs are available), rather than failing.

> 2. Ask Christian to add the package to the the ci.rocm.debian.net watch
> list.

Even easier: if any binary packages built by src:clblast depend on any
ROCm library, they will be automatically tested on ci.rocm.debian.net.

It's a bit trickier if there is no binary dependency (eg: some dlopen
approach), but that can be worked around. Please let me know if that is
the case.

Our CI is still under development and feedback from maintainers would be
greatly appreciated, so please do share feature requests, if you have them.

Best,
Christian