Re: Testing HIP with the amdgpu driver

Hi Cory,

Cordell Bloor, on 2022-06-13:
> I'm seeing much better results running the HIP tests with Linux 5.18. Running
> the tests with -j32 does still result in many test failures, but it no longer
> results in any graphics problems. Adding --no-parallel to the dh_auto_test
> results in 99% tests passing with the current HIP package on a Debian Sid
> userland and kernel.

This is good news.  Even if it is not at the speed expected, I
understand the amdgpu kernel changes are upstreamed to Linux as
intended.  I retry a run with --no-parallel, to see, out of
curiosity, with the same kernel version as yours.

Cordell Bloor, later that day:
> P.S. You can estimate how tired I am by how many of these silly errors sneak
> into my emails.

These things happen, I do those a bit too often myself.  Don't
forget to pace yourself.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da