Re: automatic installation / hooks

Previously Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Sorry, the only thing I get is 404 - File not found.

I'll try to find it again. The basic idea was that you could register
certain files and directories with dpkg, and when that files was changes
or a file was added/changed/removed from the directory dpkg would call a
certain program. So you could do:

	dpkg-add-hook /usr/lib/menu update-menus

And dpkg would call update-menus everytime a file in /usr/lib/menu was
added/changed/removed.

I'm sure there are lots of differences with the real proposal from Ian,
but this is what I still remember :)

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl