Re: gnat 4.6 transition status?

Julien Cristau writes:
> I'd like to know what's going on with the transition to
> gnat 4.6.

The last status update is here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2011/11/msg00002.html

I'll send a new one next week.

> The reason I ask is some ada packages are involved in other
> library transitions (grib-api right now, hdf5 soon, ...),

Could you explain what you mean by this? grib-api is already
in testing and does not build-depend on any Ada package. How
can "some Ada Packages" be "involved" in transitions?

> so it'd be nice to have some estimate of when it'll be ready.

I honestly don't know. I'm busy with gnat-gps ATM.

> Is there anything a non-ada person could do to help out?

Become an Ada person? :)

I hope the other maintainers (Adrian-Ken Ruegsegger, Xavier
Grave) can give status updates for their packages, too.