Re: espeakup stops speaking bookworm arm64

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023, James Addison wrote:

Working towards a better backtrace is a good recommendation.  I'd also
like to mention that there are existing Debian bookworm debug symbol
packages available for both espeak and espeakup that can avoid the
need to recompile from source.

The packages are named 'espeak-dbgsym' and 'espeakup-dbgsym' and can
be installed after enabling the bookworm-debug APT repository.

I don't see espeakup-dbgsym in bookworm-debug. I do see espeak-dbgsym, however espeakup does not depend on espeak, it depends on libespeak, actually libespeak-ng1. There is also libespeak-ng1-dbgsym, but I'm not sure if espeakup would use it if I installed it.

Cheers,
Geoff.